In our country there isn’t such a high degree of specialization, so an architect is trained to be an all-encompassing professional and it is typically a masters degree obtained overseas, or the career trajectory they follow that make them specialists.

Please correct me if I’m wrong, but it is my perception that in USA, the terms land planner and landscape architect are used interchangeably. However, as I understand it, these terms seem to apply in low density suburban, rural or resort environments, while urban planner refers to higher densities — cities or metropolitan areas.

In a different context, landscape architect refers to the professional who plans and designs outdoor spaces, hard and soft surfaces, gardens, streetscapes, public amenities and the like.